Let the “Bah Humbugs” begin! We are giving you fair warning. Holiday decorations will be installed beginning this weekend so that we are ready for the first Terrific Thursday event on November 6th. After last year’s debacle, we are working with a new company and have purchased a supply of new wreaths to mix with some refurbished older ones. Trees around the square and the planter islands have lights installed and other new surprises have been added to help us light up the nights around Decatur. In most areas downtown, wreaths will installed on every other pole. Next year we’ll add more new wreaths so we can expand coverage and include all of the new street lamps being added in Oakhurst and at the new downtown developments under construction. So grumble if you have to but we hope you enjoy the magic created by holiday lights as the temperatures tumble and the nights grow longer.
- New post: Temporary Overnight Closures on North McDonough Require Third Round bit.ly/2pH8MIt 1 day ago
- New post: Important Message from Agnes Scott College bit.ly/2pzPtRp 4 days ago
- New post: Contract to Purchase United Methodist Children’s Home (UMCH) is Signed bit.ly/2oIWF9B 5 days ago
- We're still live. Live feed stopped working? Try refreshing. 5 days ago
- Open Office Hour with Mayor Pro Tem Boykin will begin in 5 minutes. He will discuss transportation. Tune in here decaturga.com/city-governmen…. 5 days ago