The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- RT @LadyThreadgill: ICAA SE Chapter's Walk & Sketch Tour @DowntownDecatur on 3/25 led by Decatur's own Alan Clark. Register here: https://t… 2 days ago
- New post: Open Office Hour- a Virtual Town Hall Meeting bit.ly/2nWccD8 3 days ago
- The annual DAL (@beactivedecatur) #TouchaTruck event is Saturday, March 25 at the East Lake MARTA station north lot… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- New post: Decatur Receives Cultural Diversity Award bit.ly/2nnJwoL 4 days ago
- Join us on the MARTA Plaza now for the city's Budget Expo. You can even take a spin on the… instagram.com/p/BR6iBBuDlVV/ 4 days ago