The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- "@Smart911 I don’t think people realize what a deadly toxin they have in their house when they have liquid nicotine. ow.ly/LXtQS" 3 hours ago
- "@ASCadmission: Planning a campus visit...The @nytimes lists a few must-see spots: nytimes.com/2015/04/26/tra…" 5 hours ago
- RT @DecaturGADeals: 20% off full-priced merchandise at Boogaloos today. #DecaturGA boogaloosboutique.com http://t.co/d3KN29Tgm0 5 hours ago
- RT @AtlantaProAV: Looking forward to producing the sound for Chuck Leavell's intimate show in a park in @DowntownDecatur 6 hours ago
- RT @DecaturArts: Now accepting applications for sculpture art in @DowntownDecatur callforentry.org/festivals_uniq… http://t.co/ubrnbmc2wl 9 hours ago