The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- RT @Levi_ASC: Richard Blanco is having a talk in Agnes tonight at 7:00 p.m. This event is free & open to the public. @DowntownDecatur #as… 2 days ago
- New post: CSD and City Configure Revised Pick-Up and Drop-Off Plan for Decatur High bit.ly/2dtkqRu 2 days ago
- Post Edited: This Week In Decatur: Oct 16-Oct 22 bit.ly/2dGhYTU 5 days ago
- New post: National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day this Saturday bit.ly/2dLXp8B 5 days ago
- East Trinity Place To Be Paved on Wednesday, October 19. Visit decaturmakeover.com/status-updates… for details. #DecaturGA 5 days ago