The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- New post: Fayetteville Road Storm Pipe Repairs Scheduled for March 1 bit.ly/2kU78RW 2 days ago
- RT @gacities: .@DowntownDecatur goes virtual for new experimental town hall meetings ow.ly/lepO309iunT 3 days ago
- RT @gacities: .@DowntownDecatur establishes first youth council ow.ly/w4pG309fzzY https://t.co/4Fh1zW7njl 4 days ago
- RT @leagueofcities: .@DowntownDecatur is a finalist in the 50,000 &under category with their Better Together Initiative #NLCDiversityAwards… 4 days ago
- RT @cityofdecaturpd: Meet #yourdecaturpolice officers on Wednesdays on our Facebook page facebook.com/cityofdecaturp… https://t.co/OVfJ3bLnMA 4 days ago