The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- "@wrcdv: Domestic Violence Awareness Month Candlelight Vigil - 1 week from today (10/15), 7pm, #DecaturGA bandstand. Please join us! #DVAM" 18 hours ago
- New post: Decatur Artway opening reception Oct. 11 bit.ly/1RxUttX 20 hours ago
- @Wise_Diva More details about artists, the pieces, etc soon! 20 hours ago
- @Wise_Diva Part of the new Decatur Artway (public art around the square) being installed NOW ow.ly/TdghN 20 hours ago
- RT @PeachyRuns: Great clinic 6:30 2nite - Staying Healthy For The Long Run with @GeorgiaSportsPT at BPRC @DowntownDecatur info & reg http:/… 20 hours ago