The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- Touch a Budget: Free, fun & a chance to win prizes playing bingo! ow.ly/KTIhe #decaturga 2 hours ago
- Free cookies at Touch a Budget 5-7 pm 3/31, #Decaturga Recreation Center ow.ly/KTHMI 23 hours ago
- RT @beactivedecatur: Vote for Jeremy – Decatur Call Center Suuperstar! wp.me/pZeVr-2Bb 23 hours ago
- See trucks! Ask ?s! Touch a Budget is Tues. 5-7pm ow.ly/KTHTg #decaturga @DMetro @Decaturish @DeKalbNeighbor @DeKalbNewsNow 1 day ago
- RT @butterandcream1: Suns out! Funs out! #enjoyacone Treat yourself to a scoop of housemade, small batch ice cream! http://t.co/CDKM9Cfaj4 1 day ago