The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- Stop by Splash of Olive (in the Artisan) for free samples and snacks tonight #decaturga #terrificthursdays ht.ly/ECQP5 2 hours ago
- Grilled cheese night at Souper Jenny - yum #decaturga #terrificthursdays ow.ly/i/7EVFa 2 hours ago
- 20% off full price @boogaloos_ clothing tonight until 9 p.m. for Terrific Thursdays #decaturga ht.ly/ECQwQ 2 hours ago
- 20% off select artist works today at Wild Oats and Billy Goats #decaturga #terrificthursdays ht.ly/ECQ4F 4 hours ago
- It's @stonewalkitchen day @17stepsDecatur - sample some gourmet delights #decaturga #terrificthursdays ht.ly/ECRqH 4 hours ago