The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- RT @annavarela: Come as your aren't to a FUNdraiser 8/8 at The Solarium in @Oakhurst_GA. Wine, bourbon tastings included!... 1 hour ago
- RT @pinewoodtr: #TacoTuesday starts at 6pm! @ The Pinewood Tippling Room instagram.com/p/qxBLdBMJlq/ 3 hours ago
- @ProRoMo Thanks for sharing! Beacon Municipal Center when it opens will have an exhibit in the new police station with some of this history 3 hours ago
- Wow, where is that from? RT @ProRoMo: Fifty years ago, Decatur announced plans to hire two Negro police officers. http://t.co/o9ibYspEhB 4 hours ago
- @e_jaffe Email email@example.com if you have any questions about Avondale redevelopment project/if you do a follow up post 4 hours ago