The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- Souper Jenny is open today, 11am-3pm for the Decatur Book Festival. Grad some lunch to go! #decaturbookfest #decaturga 1 day ago
- RT @chloepink: @DowntownDecatur today @BookzillaDBF? Stop by @salon_red kids-1:30 #booksigning/reading #ChloePink's Beach Adventure http://… 2 days ago
- Brunch and a book signing at @CakesandAle_ tomorrow with @AnneQuatrano #decaturbookfest thedecaturminute.com/2014/08/28/upc… 2 days ago
- New post: Labor Day week sanitation schedule bit.ly/1thZ1vJ 3 days ago
- RT @DecaturGADeals: GREAT deals on kids' books at the DEF book sale this weekend! #DecaturGA decatureducationfoundation.org/community-even… 3 days ago