The Band of Desperate Men will be appearing at the Decatur Library on Thursday, February 11. The band is comprised of Clay Spurz (aka Larry Schulz), Chamblee Tucker (aka Britt Dean), and Dr. Downbeat (aka Doug Oster). Spurz and Tucker were in the original BoDM back in the late 1970s, and Downbeat was added about 4 years ago when Spurz and Tucker resurrected the group. They play mostly original material and a few covers that showcase the trio’s rich vocal harmonies and accompany themselves on guitar, bass, mandolin, drums, and cowbell. Their song styles are from many genres across the spectrum of American roots music, including blues, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, pop, reggae, country, and Chinese Doo-Wop. Doors open at 6:30pm and the preformance begins at 7 pm. Enter through the doors on the lower level. The event is free. For more information about events at the library, click here.
- RT @ashleyvh16: @DowntownDecatur We give Touch-a-Truck Day a big thumbs up! Thanks! http://t.co/gzRzW5GMUS 22 hours ago
- RT @mpinkelton: Tons of trucks, tons of kids, tons of fun. #touchatruck @DowntownDecatur http://t.co/mH4y9mSHnI 22 hours ago
- "@EmergCommNetwrk: CodeRED #app looks out for you wherever you go. Download it today and stay safe when you #travel. bit.ly/1h3sgt2" 1 day ago
- Send in a photo/video telling us how much you want @GoogleFiber in #decaturga ht.ly/umwCU 1 day ago
- RT @DecaturBeach: Excited to announce the date of the 2014 Decatur Beach: Friday, June 20th!! Mark your calendars! 1 day ago